Nominations Now Open for the 2022 Truist Promise Award
This year’s Annual Meeting will feature the presentation of the Truist Promise Award recognizing innovative philanthropy in the region. First presented in 2020, this honor has recognized groundbreaking work that has exemplified courageous leadership while transforming communities and improving lives.
Nominations for this year’s Truist Promise Award are now open. The award recognizes a particular initiative and/or innovative grantmaking strategy or approach, done by an individual organization or through a collective partnership – as such, it may be presented to more than one foundation if the initiative is a product of partnership and collaboration. More than one initiative may be recognized in a single year.
The Truist Promise Award recognizes work that focuses on significant and systemic issues facing the region and the country today. In addition, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Work focused on issues of racial equity, racial justice or anti-racism.
- The innovative use of multiple forms of philanthropic capital, particularly beyond financial capital.
- Use of data and research in determining strategies and tactics.
- Cooperation with community partners, particularly in other sectors, or direct engagement with community members.
- Impact/outcomes that are evidence-based.
You may nominate any Philanthropy Southeast member organization, including your own, for the Promise Award. The recipient will be selected by a group of Philanthropy Southeast staff and Board members and will be recognized at the Chair’s Dinner of the 2022 Annual Meeting.
Nominations are due Friday, September 30. Click below to submit your nominee!